Whenever the crucial decision of, what career one would like to pursue, is make by fluke or without a considerable wise thought and a thorough analysis, of various factors involved in choosing the right career option, the results can be disastrous. For some it can result in a never-ending cycle of frustration, pain, failure, avoidance and even suicide. And the others may be left with no choice but to live with the detrimental negative impact of incorrect career decisions, as follows:
- Lack of interest: When a career option or a stream is chosen by an individual for wrong reasons, soon one tends to lose interest in the stream or the work one is required to do as it does not seem intriguing enough. Also one may find that he or she is unable to relate to it as one’s aptitude may not lie in this area so he or she may find it too difficult to comprehend the task one is required to do.
- Increased frustration: Since the task seems too difficult or boring, one begins to avoid it setting the soil ripe for cultivation of failure. Exposure to repeated failure, lack of joy in what one is studying or doing, soon results in a frustrating situation. For some it sometimes seems too late to make a new beginning or to change one’s course completely. Thus some may end up believing that they have no choice but to live with this frustration for the rest of their life, thereby escalading the cycle of frustration.
- The blame game begins: The frustration builds up in terms of aggression and soon the blame game begins. One tends to blame self, parents, teachers, elders, relatives, peers, luck, God and sometimes the entire world for a decision, which one has a greater responsibility for. The blame game further prevents the person from getting to the root of the problem and begins to affect not just his work but his personal, social and interpersonal areas of life.
- An unhappy life: For those who believe that a decision once taken cannot be reversed for whatever personal, family or social reasons, usually tend to live the rest of their life with that career. Some of the personal reasons that may stop an individual to put his career life in a reverse gear may be a sense of personal failure, or a social image one wishes to live up to. Sometimes there may be lot of family pressure one has to deal with and may thus feel compelled to comply with the demands and wishes of the family than pursuing their heart. For some, a change in their career may mean disgrace for them and their family name in the society.
For them their career gets reduced to nothing but a job or a source of income. These people also continue to work but since they spend most of their day doing something they do not enjoy and are unhappy about, therefore soon this unhappiness seeps in their life. As a result they continue and go on to live a life filled with unhappiness and despair.
- Walking down the ladder of depression: When one tends to walk on a career path that may not be correct for the individual, with anger in heart, frustration in mind and blame on the tongue, one is likely to feel lost, lonely and even deserted, adding up to their sadness. In some cases the sadness may grow deeper resulting in depression. The depressed person may feel worthless, helpless and may harbor strong feelings of guilt. And for some suicide may seem a way to put an end to this traumatic pain and disgust one tends to feel throughout the day.
- Some experience mid-life crisis: There are few who are able to gather enough courage to make a significant shift in their career and try to rebuild their career in their late 30s or early 40s. What these people experience at this stage of their life where they have completed their education in a particular stream and have spent few years of their life working in a particular job profile and have comparatively several more responsibilities of their spouse, children and other family members dependent on them; is known as midlife crisis. Usually these are people who after securing themselves financially to some extent now wish to follow their passion and live a career where their heart lies.
If you wish to save yourself
from the disastrous effects of incorrect career choices……
Then begin to think and act wisely….
To know more or for any assistance, please feel free to
Call us at 9250290502 or
Write to us at email@example.com or
Log onto our website www.unipsy.in