“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
An average person spends more than half of his or her life in his office, working. But how many of us are really happy and love what we do? Would we want our children to also live a life where they get up every morning resenting going to a workplace or looking up for excuses to avoid going or we would want them to be happy, satisfied and actively looking forward to each day of their life to excel and love every single minute of what they do… well, this brings me to one of the most important question that might arise in the hearts and minds of many of us—-IS THIS REALLY POSSIBLE??? Yes, it is. The best possible choice can be made through the right kind of career counselling…
What is Career Counselling?
It refers to all the processes involved in knowing about various career options, pros and cons inherent in each, nature of work required, perks, salary and vacancies involved and then arriving at a decision of which career options suits one the best keeping in mind one’s key strengths, limitations, motivations, academic potentials, skills and resources available. It is usually carried out with the help of professionals called career counsellors.
Ironically, instead of actively seeking right amount of career counselling, most people spend so much on their education and coaching institutes without giving a thought whether they are investing in the right direction or not. I mean how many of us, especially the students, are sure that they really want to take up science or commerce or humanities in the first place? Do most children choose a stream based on marks, or what they friends have taken or what their parents, cousin or other adults around tell them. We often hear statements like
- “My job is highly paid, and the workplace is so cool!”
- “You should go for non-med, it is in trend”
- “I will opt for science stream because all my friends are opting for the same.”
- “Opt for the Science streams, there is greater scope and more career options!”
- “My family wanted me to take a job in Marketing.”
- “I took this stream because my elder brother did the same”
- “I scored highest in Science so I would choose Science stream in college as well.”
- “I took Humanities because it’s easy.”
- “ Since my scores were low, hence Science was out of question; so I landed it up taking commerce or humanities”
But, do you think, that these above statements are really the right reasons for choosing a particular stream or career? Certainly not….
What is Career testing?
It refers to the most scientific and accurate way of knowing what one is inherently good at; what one thoroughly enjoy and hence what one is most likely to be successful at. Career profiling or career testing refers to the process of using standardized research based psychological tests to know one’s aptitude, interest and personality. These tests are highly accurate and certainly ensure a more sorted, planned and a stable, successful career path for us.
This bring me to one of the most crucial question that each one of us must ask ourselves —
Should I still continue to choose a career and live the rest of my life based on chances or luck
Should I make a more planned informed decision so that I have more to celebrate than to repent later…?
What choice would you make…?
To know more or for any assistance, please feel free to
Call us at 9250290502 or
Write to us at email@example.com or
Log onto our website www.unipsy.in
To know more about the following questions; open the following links….
- What is a career? How is it different from work or job?
- Wrong reasons behind choosing a career
- The right reasons behind choosing a career
- Negative consequences of making an incorrect career decision
- Why is career counselling important? How does it help?
- The 6 steps inherent in the entire career counselling process?
If you wish you share your concerns in this regard or to book an appointment with our career counsellors… plz call us at or whatsapp us on 9250290502. Our career counsellors will get back to you soon.